Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Boxing Teeth



Three or four days a week, I dry off my paintbrushes, store my pencils, and go to work as one of the three teachers at a preschool co-op playgroup, here in Chicago. Every August we have a special ceremony to see our oldest and boldest off into the wild territory of kindergarten and, appropriately, have a graduation ceremony.
My fellow teachers and I make a yearbook and help the kids fill out questionnaires, print hand and foot prints, and scribble on the 'autograph page' in the weeks leading up to graduation. For my personal bit, I give the parents an option of ordering a tooth box - a tradition that was active in this community before I was involved, but was handed off to me when they realized I was an artist.
This year I made nine, and took some photos to share here. They turned out pretty cute, and the kids and parents (who received them at graduation today) loved them. Mission accomplished!
 

No comments: