Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

A return to old comforts...

       It's been two years, almost to the day, since I started drawing superheroes and video-game characters for a collection of work entitled 'Heroes and Villains of a Devoted Youth.' It was the most fun I'd had thence (thus in past tense?) far, and it sold pretty well too!  My friends and acquaintances enjoyed it, too, and I recently started selling prints. This return to older wrk got me going again, and I'm officially started on 'Heroes and Villains II,' and thought I had better share some peeks at the new stuff. I feel like the style has matured a lot in the years passed... what do YOU think, reader? I'm assuming there, that there's only one reader... maybe a little too honest... 

       Here is a look at the Superman piece I started a few days ago. Once colored, I think it will be more clear that he's ditching his clothes at top speed. No title ideas yet...

       This one is tentatively titled 'The Call.' It's the first finished for the new series, and has waaay more story than the art from the last collection. They were mostly portrait style - very little background, which is what I'm trying to use to differentiate the two collections. Details below...



        This is the beginning of a painting that MIGHT be called 'Bad-Ass.' I can't decide yet, though... I'd like to name it something with a little narrative, maybe from the perspective of the viewer, as a thug, who's just been cornered...


No comments: